Somehow I managed to miss a November post, but I promise you do a double December post. That will work right? The BIG news is that our niece (Hailey Ann Pruett) was born on December 17th! She is as cute as can be, but will have to wait for her Dutt Blog debut. We need to weed through the 500+ photos we have taken of her over the past 4 days of her life outside of the womb.
Since I last posted, Pasi has completed a month of SIC-U (aka, no life outside of the hospital), plastics/burn (aka, always on call... always) and rehab (aka, the best rotation ever). Pas somehow lucked out and was able to have Thanksgiving off as well as the week of Christmas (woo hoo!) so we enjoyed our first SF Thanksgiving together in the city, complete with a deep fried turkey which was SO delicious. We ended up eating turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce for a week straight and I am quite thankful that Thanksgiving is 10 months away!
In the fall I was able to travel down to San Diego to reconnect with my favorites and their husbands for a picture perfect day at the pumpkin patch. I miss these ladies so much and spending the day with them and their children filled me with so much happiness!
I was also able to reconnect with a teenage girl named Juliana, whom I had met in Tanzania. Prior to my leaving San Diego, my students at The Children's School collected a basket of items they thought she would enjoy while she was recovering from her surgery in Orange County, but due to a delay in her surgery and my departure to SF my class wasn't able to deliver her the basket as we had hoped. Thankfully my amazing husband was supportive of the work we had done and encouraged me to fly down for the weekend to deliver her the basket. Although most of my students were unable to join me in my visit with Juliana, the Fraser/Young family was! Below are some of the photos from our visit.
 |
| Juliana and I, post surgery |
 |
| America's Funniest Home Videos were a hit! |
 |
| The girls, Andrew and Juliana. |
Amidst the visit with Juliana and my visit with the favorites, I was also able to squeeze in some special twin time with Marci before she became a mommie! We had an amazing morning cruising around the Little Italy Farmers Market and enjoying twin time.
As you can tell by this post I am living a pretty charmed life. Pasi works all the time and I play! I truly am so fortunate to have such an supportive hard working husband. He continues to balance my many needs, Finns cuddles and the demands of being a first year resident. Every so often he gets to join me in all of my fun... Here are some photos from our date-moments together...
 |
| Lounging with Finn at the Russian River |
 |
| Wine Tasting.. This place was quite a slice of life |
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| Trying to re-create a Bledsoe original |
 |
| Happy Holidays!!! |
miss you guys like crzy. happy you get to have christmas together.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are adorb.... love that you are making it through--and getting stronger and strong as it goes! :) love your long hair! and congrats on being auntie and uncle.... enjoy your Christmas together... would be amazing to see you! keep us posted! love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like we should all have a reunion soon! We should start planning now so maybe it can happen during residency:) I also love the long hair lisa- you guys are a beautiful couple inside and out. xoxo. liv
ReplyDelete