Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Day at the Beach


As most of you know, Pas has been up in SF doing completing an away rotation for the month of July. As he has been putting in his time as a med student, I have been taking advantage of one of the many benefits of being a teacher, summer vacation! Unfortunately, it came at a time when Pas was back to work. Most of my days are spent "getting organized,"  legally becoming Lisa J. Dutton (it is now official!!), catching up with friends and most importantly hanging out with Finn. I have spent so much time with our fluffy friend, that I am a little worried that I am becoming one of those cat people, but with a dog. I talk to him, play tricks on him, tell him stories and basically make friends with people everywhere I go, because of him! Today we took a break from our usual routine of going to the park twice a day and either running the par-course or walking/running to the park rather than driving. Today we went to the Coronado dog beach and then I "treated" him to a bath (though I don't think he appreciated the nice treat). Here are a few photo's of our sweet boy Finn who makes me so so happy and has done a fabulous job of keeping me entertained while I count down the days until I can be with Pasi again. I hope you enjoy them!
Finn was fast friends with this little guy named Noris
I wish I had a video of this, they played tug-of-war for about 5 minutes!
This is pretty much how the game ended, both dogs sitting down.
We met a nice guy who wanted to take a picture of Finn jumping. Pas and I still don't know how we taught him this trick.
He was not too happy when I said it was time to go home.
Finn before his bath
And after (I need to give him a haircut!).

2 comments:

  1. Love this post.... Love your independence and strength! You are one neat girl! Such fun and joy in life despite missing your hubby! And I hope the time goes quickly until Pasi come home... So glad you have Finn!! Miss you. Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete