Sunday, June 5, 2011

Camping with Kooi

Happy Birthday Jackie!
This weekend we celebrated the birth of Jackie by going camping! Pas was at a bachelor party for the weekend so Finn and I did our best to represent the Duttons for the weekend. My camping lesson #1 was learned before we left the house. Our blue cooler can hold 20lb of ice (not the 40lb I had purchased). I think I was used to buying ice for the Kakaklina. Camping lesson #2 was learned shortly after when I dumped 20lb of ice into the cooler, only to realize that it was very difficult to pack the beer, food etc. after the ice was in. Thankfully, when Tavis and Becca picked me up we dumped out the cooler and repacked it. We all rolled up to the campsite on Saturday afternoon and I successfully set up our tent and bed, then we all went on a walk (which we called a hike, but it was only about .3 miles).
Jackie & Tony fiding directions for our "hike"
Our walk took us to a really pretty river (with FREEZING cold water). Jackie was doing some cool yoga poses.
Apey thought it looked really cool and wanted us all to join. I knew I could only pull off a downward dog pose, but joined anyway. Here is what we ended up with:
Pasi says I look more like a ballerina. Hmmm... I think the photo below is more my style.
Becca, Jackie, Me & Apey
After our little walk the rest of the crew joined us.
Jess & Marci arrived!
Tony, Greg and Tavis hanging out by some odd pipe thing
Tyler arrived (to his maybe 2nd camping trip ever) with his special camping pants.
And his machete "Because you never know what is out there."
Romeo and Finn had a blast lounging
Mr. Finn
Grace and Romeo
After a yummy dinner the temp dropped by about 10 degrees and we got bundled up (and really close to the fire) and made some s'mores (no reese's peanut butter cups this time).
The Blesdoes
The Fellows
Andres and Becca
Finn was a super trooper in the tent with me and we may have been the only 2 campers that had a good nights sleep! In the morning we celebrated Jackies birthday with coffee,
Tavis, our barista
and pancakes.
Tony & Angela, the pancake flippers
On our way home we drove into Julian for some pies. Peter, one of the bakers, let me come behind the counter to photograph the pies. I bought a mini-pie and an apple strudel of some sort. I don't think I'll eat them, but they looked so pretty!
Peter and his Pies
 
Pretty dessert
Overall it was an awesome weekend, but Finn and I were really happy to see Pasi when we got home! I'll leave you all with a great photo of the Gauts,
and the girls.

1 comment:

  1. this makes me want to go camping again. it's been sooo long. glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete