Monday, April 11, 2011

still smiling...

Lisa and I celebrated our 1 week anniversary on Saturday and are still smiling about our wedding weekend.  When it was all said and done, we could not be happier about how it played out; even the rain couldn't stop the party.  My personal highlights (in addition to marrying Lisa) in no particular order...

1. The first dance - having four of my good friends play a song that is special to Lisa and I was incredible.  Not only did it make the moment that much more personal and intimate, but it also took a good chunk of the attention off of Lisa and I dancing which is always a good thing.
2.  The impromptu concert by Scottie and Corin - I will never forget the moment when Lisa and I took the dance floor and I made a subtle motion with my hand for anyone who was interested to join us.  It seemed like the entire room exploded out of their seats and the party began in earnest.  Had I known people were waiting for us to start dancing we would have jumped up sooner, sorry for making you all wait. 
3.  The speeches - The toasts both at the rehearsal dinner and reception had a bit of everything; laughter, tears, jokes, sincerity, catch phrases made up on the spot by my dad, etc.  Lisa and I were humbled and touched by the kind words and feel all the more grateful for our friends and family.
4.  The guests - what an epic group of people.  It was great for us to bring all of our family and friends together and watch everyone hit it off so well.

Thank you to everyone who helped make our wedding weekend so special.
much love,
pas

No comments:

Post a Comment