Friday, April 11, 2014

Pas and Me Plus Luke Makes 3!

The big news since our last post is that I was pregnant and we now have a 2 month old! Pregnancy did not look great on me so we decided to avoid posting photos and videos of those 40 weeks. I felt great, worked until the week before Luke arrived and delivered a healthy and scrawny little boy. Our pediatrician told us at his first appointment that "He will do most of his growing on the outside." She was right and I was happy delivering a 6lb 3oz string bean.
Parenthood has been nothing short of exhausting, unnerving, blissful, terrifying, hysterical and heavenly. From everything I've read (although I try not to read too much) Luke is a really good baby. That being said, he still cries and wakes up throughout the night to feed. I am not sure how I would survive with a really bad baby... Do they even say that?!
Pasi is working at the hospital in the city for the next few months so we get to see him a lot more and it is rare that he is not home in time for dinner. He is head over heels in love with Luke and it melts my heart to see them together. We were blessed by lots of visitors, meals, girl scout cookies and helping hands for our first few weeks with Luke and I am forever thankful for all of the love and support. Now that we are 8 weeks in I feel like things are a little less scary and that Luke is a little more predictable. We go on "adventures" with Finn twice a day and post-natal yoga twice a week. Luke is still the youngest baby there, but hopefully we will meet some babies his age soon. Finn is adjusting well and has decided that it is better to have me around with a baby, then to have me at work all day. He is great with Luke and shows no signs of jealousy. Phew!
I've compiled some of the 1,000 photos and videos I took of Luke during his first 2 months into movies. In the future I hope to be better about posting and going with the less is more mentality. We'll see how far I get with that! For now, enjoy the photo dump :)
~If you would like to get an email notification when one of us posts, add your email in the box to the upper right of this screen.

LukeMonth1 from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

LukeMonth1Photos from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

LukeMonth2Videos from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

LukeMonth2Photos from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. i just watched every second of all of those videos. and i want more. so extremely happy for you guys and can't wait until we can hang out again.

    ReplyDelete