Thursday, August 2, 2012

Surprise Day on the Bay

More of the same has been occurring since my last post, Pas works, I adventure and we meet up at the end of our days to exchange stories about our experiences of the day. His stories often consist of helping people, making critical decisions, saving lives, or bones, or joints and logging 12+ hours in the hospital. I have to be a little more careful with how I spend my days. See, being unemployed for the summer leaves me with a lot of time on my hands.... A LOT! So, I cannot be as productive with my time as I normally am, if I am I will run out of things to do! A total disaster if you asked me! My days consist of an hour of yoga/pilates (if I go every day I will get $25 off at the Yoga Works store!) two 45 minute sessions at the dog park (Finners needs to get in his exercise and social time) and then one, and only one, more thing to do. I make sure I am out of the house by 9:00am and not home again until 4:00pm. I am just really worried that if I am home too long I will get depressed and become an avid soap opera watcher or ice cream eater! That is pretty much my summer...
Today's post is about my "typical" day that was filled with surprises! Finners and I had our normal morning together, I went to my ballet-bar class at Yoga Works, we went to the park and then got ready for our adventure. Our task for the day was to walk from our neighborhood (Pacific Heights) to Chrissy Field for a picnic and day at the beach. Surprise number one came when we arrived to the beach and it was covered with kites! I love kites and often think that it would be so fun for a group of friends to get together and fly kites! I highly doubt any of my friends know how to fly a kite so it would be that much better. There is a kite store in China town (I did not find it by accident) so maybe my dream will come true!
A huge kite surfing competition was being held at the beach so Finn and I sat on the wall, enjoyed our lunch and watched the competition. I met a few spectators and while chatting with them I spotted my cousin's wife and their children (surprise number two)! They live in SF and we were scheduled to have dinner with them the following night. Pas and I hadn't seen them since Marci and Tyler's wedding in September and it was great to spend the afternoon with all of them.
Surprise number three came when Pas called to say he got out of the hospital early! He drove over the hill and joined us for the end of the competition, we congratulated Kevin when he got out of the water and then we began surprise number four! 
We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge together!! This was something I had always wanted to do and was so happy that I got to do it with Pasi! I was in awe of how huge everything was! The cables were thicker than my arm (which isn't saying much) and the support structures were so high! I tried to photograph the massiveness of the bridge, but I think I fell a bit short. It was a truly wonderful day! 


SO big!!!



Walking on Baker Beach

My boys on Baker Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment