In early May, Marci and Tyler treated Luke and I to a special trip down to San Diego. They are expecting their first son in the next few weeks, had just moved into a new home and Tyler had not yet met Luke. It was my first time flying with Luke, and the first time we were away from Pasi since last November. I was a bundle of nerves leading up to the trip, emailing all of my mom friends for travel tips, packing and repacking my diaper bag, arriving at the airport 3 hours early, crying the day before we left and not sleeping the night before. What has this baby done to me?! Needless to say, I totally overreacted and Luke didn't even grunt on the whopping 1.5 hour flight to San Diego. Who says ignorance is bliss anyway?
Below is a video we took the afternoon Luke and I arrived. Hailey calls everyone under the age of 30 Bebe (bay-bay) and Luke is no exception. I had Luke sleeping in his room and Hailey wanted to find him to give him his pacifier. In the video Hailey says "Nigh Nigh" which is short for "Night Night," a phrase Marci uses for when she is going to bed.
Moi-Moi from
Lisa Dutton on
Vimeo.
During my stay I got to spend every waking moment with the little girl who stole my heart on December 17th 2012. She is now a walking, talking, giggling and independent little angel. As you will see from the photos below, she continues to captivate me. While the babies slept Marci and I shared parenting worries, wonders and stories. While they were up I chased Hailey around parks, introduced her to Play-Doh and tried to shoo her away for her cousin 'bebe' while he tried to sleep and she tried to take care of him. Joots was "sick" for a day and we got to go for a hike, play at the park and go out to dinner (at 5pm). Overall it was a great visit and so nice to reconnect with family. Here are some photos of our time together.
 |
| Thankfully she is not yet impressed by the taste of Play-Doh |
 |
| Yogurt, however, is a different story |
 |
| This will be what meal time at the Pruett's will look like in a few weeks |
 |
| How the cousins woke up every morning |
 |
| Hails and her real life bebe |
 |
| Aunty Jana lulling Luke to sleep |
 |
| "Bring me my Bebe!" |
 |
| I got to dress her! So much fun! |
 |
| She is fully responsible for her accessories |
 |
| Bebe? |
 |
| Peek.... |
 |
| A.... |
 |
| Boo.... |
 |
| I SeeYou! |
 |
| Sunscreen is sticky! |
In addition to spending time with family, a few of the favorites and I got together on a Friday afternoon to celebrate births, new homes and babies on board.

Jess couldn't make it on Friday, but I was able to have dinner and lunch with her :)
Great shots of Hailey and Luke...can't believe she's that big already
ReplyDelete